11/06/2013

Caesarea by the sea

On the first morning of our 10-day trip to Israel, I asked at the reception desk which way to run. I was told to turn left at the end of the drive and keep going till I got to the sea. Husband and I started down the wide path boarded with fragrant flowers of all colors. I could tell that even if we didn’t make it to the water this would be a nice run. We reached the beach after 15 minutes and ran a short distance up the coast. We stopped long enough to dip our hands in the sea and pick up a few shells. A woman we had just passed asked us where we were from (we were wearing matching 20 km de Lausanne shirts) and if we were in Israel for a race. She said she could tell us all about local races, as she was the head of the Israeli athletic association. I was tempted to give her the shirt off my back, but I’m too self-conscious to run in a sports bra!

Gotta run...


2 comments:

Michael said...

Stephanie,
I enjoy reading about your running adventures.

stephruns said...

thanks, Michael!